Hi, I'm Garcey!

 Hi, I'm Garcey!

Hello friends and welcome to my blog! I'm a 20-something uni student who's currently recovering from hip surgery, so I thought I would put all that time confined to bed to good use and finally start a blog. I do a cross-disciplinary degree so my interests are broad, but here I'll mainly be focussing on fashion and lifestyle.

So, like all good bloggers do - let's start with 10 facts about me!

  1. My name is Grace, or Gracie, or Garcey...
  2. I am 1 week and 1 day post hip arthroscopy after two years of chronic pain (and I already feel heaps better!)
  3. I split my time between London, where I grew up, and Vienna, where I'm studying.
  4. Despite maintaining for years that I am actually the average height for a woman in the UK, when I got measured before surgery I found out I am an 3cm shorter than I thought I was - so I will finally admit I'm a bit short.
  5. I don't have any piercings apart from my ear lobes, which I only got done for my birthday 6 months ago!
  6. I'm doing my undergrad in Cross-Disciplinary Strategies which involves modules on literally anything you can imagine - same days start with art history and end with AI.
  7. In February 2020, just before covid took over, I went from Vienna, to London, to Paris, to London, to Prague, to Dresden, back to Prague, back to London, and FINALLY back to Vienna. It's a miracle I didn't get sick!
  8. My left arm is is twisted and bends backwards after breaking it when I was 4, so I had to train myself to become right handed.
  9. In fact, if I'm going to get an injury, it will be on my left side. Left hip, Left arm, Left ankle, Left shoulder...
  10. I was (and hopefully will be again) a competitive synchronised figure skater and I absolutely love it!!!


Comments

  1. I am a dancer and I could not imagine having to take time off for injury, much less surgery! I pray your healing will be conducive to you and I see you're using your time wisely!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery Diary: What to pack for Day Surgery

Surgery Diary: 1 Month Post-Op

Post-Lockdown Looks: Statement Flares