Post-Lockdown Looks: Buffet Dress

 Buffet Dresses were featured on this year's Sewing Bee as the perfect fashionable way to avoid accentuating those post lockdown lumps and bumps (and in my case surgical dressings) so I thought I would take one for a spin!


I was honestly surprised by just how comfortable and flattering this dress was despite being way out of my comfort zone. Being quite petite I usually avoid midi lengths and looser fits but this dress may well have converted me! I felt pretty and stylish for the first time since leaving hospital without feeling uncomfortable or restricted. While the sun was shining, I was more than warm enough but as the night went on it began to get a bit chilly - luckily the pub garden had fur blankets for us to cuddle under. I would definitely recommend this style of dress to anyone looking to try something new, you might surprise yourself!






        Dress: Lola May at ASOS Boots: Karl Lagerfeld Earrings: Olivia Burton Crutches: NHS


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my dress isn't your personal taste here are a few more options:




£25

I am personally an absolute sucker for both yellow and puff sleeves so this dress is ticking A LOT of boxes for me! You still get the loose fit and tiered skirt without having to commit to the longer length. I can see this being the absolutely perfect look for some early summer picnics.











£42

This colour caught my eye straight away! I've found myself gravitating towards oatmeal colours in knitwear over the past few months and this dress feels like an extension of my oatmeal obsession. While lots of plus-sized gals shy away from looser fits, this dress is so flattering I could see almost anyone looking gorgeous in it with a cocktail in hand. 


(also, it's currently on sale on ASOS for only £13.05)





£17.99

This is a great petite option with a slightly more defined waist if you aren't ready to commit to a fully loose dress. Abstract dalmatian prints have been one of my absolute favourites in AW20 but new look have given them a great spring twist. For £17.99 I really don't think you can go wrong here!








Let me know if you've added a buffet dress to your summer wardrobe yet! And if not, what are you waiting for?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery Diary: What to pack for Day Surgery

Surgery Diary: 1 Month Post-Op

Post-Lockdown Looks: Statement Flares