Tiktok Trends: George Kids

 If you've been spending your lockdown on tiktok like I have, you would have seen some trends for supermarket clothes and kids clothes over the past couple of months. When George at ASDA launched its summer range, it really took off on tiktok and I just knew I had to try it!

Those of us who hit 5'3 on a good day are no strangers to shopping in kids sections. I'd say 90% of my shoes and most of my basics come from the children section. But, it's not somewhere I would ever look for a fashionable outfit. After seeing all the great reviews on tiktok, I just knew I had to try the George looks for myself. Unfortunately, the gingham co-ord everyone has been raving about was sold out, but I found a couple of other cute looks

Outfit 1 - 7/10


If you've read my other posts you'll already know that yellow and puff sleves are both big ticks in my book. I really REALLY wanted to love this dress, but I just couldn't. It's not awful. It's just fine. I've definitely worn worse dresses in my life, but it just didn't make me feel pretty. It felt like it was clinging to me in places I didn't really want it to be (in the first picture you can really clearly see the waistband on my tights!) and the length felt a bit wrong on me. While the fabric was super soft, it didn't have as much stretch as I'd expected. Honestly though, for the price you really can't complain. If you have an summer event to go to and your outfit budget is tight this dress would definitely do!

Outfit 2 - 5/10


I had such high hopes for this co-ord but it was just a bit wrong. Embarrassingly as 22 this children age 15 outfit was too big for mw, which was part of the issue. The top was okay. The fabric felt a little cheap and it didn't fit me very well, but I'm sure it'd look cute with a pair of jeans. The skirt was a different story. It was weirdly shapeless with some attempt at cute design features, but just not quite enough. If I could have just kept the top, I probably would have. Maybe if it was a smaller size I'd feel differently, but I'm not sure my ego could take buying clothes made for a 13 year old.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery Diary: What to pack for Day Surgery

Surgery Diary: 1 Month Post-Op

Post-Lockdown Looks: Statement Flares